Brighten up your hydration with a sweet uplift to your water intake. This simple mandarin pomegranate mint detox spa water recipe is a delicious way to increase your daily H2O and is full of vitamin c and antioxidants. I love this recipe for staying bright & sunny during colder months, but it’s truly refreshing all year long.
Detox Spa Water For Extra Winter Energy
It’s currently early December as I’m writing this, and I am half way through sharing a wellness series I created called “Staying Sunny This Winter”. It’s filled with wellness and self care tips to kick the winter blues. Check out some videos from the series :
- Prioritize Your Wellness
- Let The Sunshine In
- Get Enough Sleep
- Movement You Love (Kai and I had all the fun making that video!)
Do you feel a bit down or deal with seasonal affective disorder in the winter? I certainly do (reason number one million that I could live beachside year round!). But I’m determined to get ahead of the darkness a bit as we head into this winter!
A Simply Delicious And NutriTious Way To Hydrate
Have you ever tried infusing your water with fruits and herbs to make detox spa water? Beyond being a delicious way to hydrate, detox spa water is a simple low calorie way to grab some extra vitamins and minerals.
It’s simple to make detox spa water :
- choose your recipe based on flavor and health benefits
- rinse your fruits and herbs
- Add them to your infuser pitched
- Let chill and enjoy
That’s it! Here you can find all my hydrating detox spa water recipes.
If you’re new to infusing water, I love this glass fruit infuser water pitcher (you can even make iced tea in it!). When I’m on the go, I use this fruit infuser water bottle. I also love this glass pitcher and teapot which has a net at the spout and helps to keep your fruits and herbs in the pitcher, out of your glass.
Mandarin Orange, Pomegranate and Mint Benefits
Before I dive into this simple recipe, I wanted to share the benefits beyond hydration that Mandarin, Pomegranate, Mint Detox Spa Water provides.
Benefits Of Infusing Mandarin Oranges
Mandarin oranges are sweet and delicious in the early winter months. They have a ton of health benefits! Add them to your detox spa water for :
- a vitamin c boost
- extra antioxidants
- an immune system boost
- helping deliver oxygen
Benefits Of Infusing Pomegranate
It’s the best when pomegranates are back in season! You can add this healthy fruit to your detox spa water for :
- a vitamin c boost
- extra antioxidants
- reduced inflammation
Benefits Of Infusing Mint
Mint is a refreshing herb to add to your detox spa water any time of year. Mint offers these benefits when infused :
- freshens breath
- energy giver
Energizing Mandarin Pomegranate Mint Detox Spa Water
This hydrating and energizing infused water requires just 4 simple ingredients and a pitcher (or infuser pitcher)!
AUTHOR :: Jenny White, The Kai Life
PREP TIME :: 5 min (30 min from start to sip!)
- 1 mandarin orange (I double this if I’m not using an infuser pitcher)
- 1/4 pomegranate (I use a whole pomegranate if I’m not using an infuser pitcher)
- A handful of fresh mint
- Filtered water
- Ice cubes (optional)
- infuser pitcher, or water bottle infuser. If you don’t use an infuser pitcher, you’ll put your fruit and herbs directly into your pitcher.
1. Wash the whole mandarin including the skin. Your slices will go directly into your pitcher, so you want it as clean as you can get it. Wash your mint. Remove your pomegranate seeds.
Looking at your pomegranate wondering how to remove those seeds?! I love Live Eat Learn’s Easy Way To Remove Pomegranate Seeds.
2. Slice your mandarin orange into quarters.
3. In your pitcher, add the sliced mandarins, mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.. If you’re using an infuser pitcher, they’ll go directly into the infuser section (it’s like a little basket that keeps them separated!).
4. Fill the pitcher with filtered water.
5. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let it sit for 30 min to 4 hours to allow the flavors to infuse.
6. Once chilled and infused, serve the spa water over ice cubes and enjoy . This refreshing and hydrating recipe will give you a boost of energy.
xx, Jenny (The Kai Life)
Did You Make This Recipe?
Cause I want to hear about it! Let me know in the comments below if you tried this recipe, or if you have any other favorite detox spa water combos.